Find a Guide
Wedding in Cana
INFORMATION AND INDICATIONS FOR A CATHOLIC WEDDING AT CANA WEDDING CHURCH
I. The agency or couple must send a wedding request to Cana Wedding Church THREE MONTHS before the wedding date, to ensure time for proper coordination and preparation of all the necessary documents. A reservation should also be made through the Franciscan Pilgrims’ Office (email@example.com) for the requested date.
II. Scanned documents must be sent to Cana Wedding Church at least TWO MONTHS before the wedding date.
III. Failure to submit the required documents at the proper time may impede the celebration of the wedding.
IV. The wedding celebration is subject to approval of the Patriarchal Vicar (Nazareth). The Vicar will verify all the documents before granting approval.
V. Cana Wedding Church will notify the agency or couple of the approval or denial of the wedding request. The agency or couple should confirm their reservation with the Franciscan Pilgrims Office upon receiving the approval.
VI. Catholic weddings can only be celebrated at the main altar and not in any other chapel.
VII. The couple must bring the original documents (previously submitted by fax and approved) on the date of the wedding, and present them to the sacristy before the celebration.
DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR A CATHOLIC WEDDING
1. Baptism Certificate (bride and groom) with Church seal from the parish where they were baptized.
2. Confirmation Certificate (bride and groom) with Church seal from the parish where they were confirmed.
3. Freedom to Marry Affidavit (bride and groom) with Church seal from the parish to which they each belong.
4. Permission from the parish priest to celebrate the wedding here at Cana Wedding Church (signed and stamped).
5. Personal questionnaire (Information for Marriage Form) completed by the parish priest during the pre-marital course and/or Marriage Preparation Course Completion Certificate (if the couple is not civilly married). Marriage Certificate (if the couple is civilly married.)
6. Recommendation letter from the bishop of the diocese to which they belong, for the approval of the sacrament of marriage for the particular couple. This should be addressed to the parish priest at Cana (see below). This letter should be official, signed and stamped by the bishop.
Parish Priest at Cana:
Fr. Haitham HANO OFM, Parish Priest Cana Wedding Church - Sanctuary of Jesus’ First Miracle - Cana Galilee, Israel
NOTE: ALL NON-ENGLISH LANGUAGE documents should be translated into English and stamped by a PROFESSIONAL CERTIFIED ENGLISH-LANGUAGE TRANSLATOR.
Original documents in the Italian language are accepted and do not need translation into English.
7. Additional requirement:
A.) IDENTITY CARD or CELEBRAT of the presiding priest.
B.) COMPLETED INFORMATION SHEET (This form will be sent to you once the sanctuary has received the wedding request.)
NOTE: For more information, please contact the Cana Wedding Church.