The following are required conditions:
1. Details of all film and photography projects must be submitted to the CIC at least 7 working days in advance of the proposed date for the work. A covering letter must also be included. Fax number: 02-6286417 or email: email@example.com
2. Should the Director’s decision be positive, you will be provided with written permission. This document should then be presented to the Priest in charge of each one of the individual Shrines concerned. Please arrange an appointment with the CIC office so as to collect this written permission.
3.Usually filming in the Shrines has to be done in the morning between 8.00 a.m and 11:00 a.m. and in the afternoon 3:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. Nevertheless the crew must contact the superior of each individual Shrine at least a day before in order to confirm dates, times or any other arrangement.
4. A fee of $100 for each shrine is to be paid at the office of the CIC (a receipt will be given upon payment) before filming.
5. For the Holy Sepulcher (Jerusalem) and the Basilica of the Nativity (Bethlehem), separate written permissions are required from:
- Christian Information Centre: a fee of $100 should be paid to the CIC for each of the above mentioned Shrines.
- Greek Orthodox Patriarchate: a fee of $100 should be paid to the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate for each of the above mentioned Shrines.
- Armenian Patriarchate: a fee of $100 should be paid to the Armenian Patriarchate for each of the above mentioned Shrines.
Deposits are non-refundable.
6. Permission to film inside archaeological sites under the jurisdiction of the Custody of the Holy Land (Capernaum, Nazareth, the necropolis of Dominus Flevit and others) is prohibited without a special permit.
7. No permission will be given to film with 360-degree cameras.
8. Important Information:
a) The Holy Shrines are places of silence and prayer; they may not be treated as museums or tourist amenities, or for any other secular reason. Modest dress is a requirement.
b) Filming during religious services is not allowed.
c) The following are strictly forbidden - Filming scenes involving people; the reading of texts or extracts; conducting interviews.
d) A copy of any audiovisual material made in the shrines should be sent to CIC.
9. The Christian Information Center reserves the right at any time to cancel permissions issued because of non-compliance with the above stated regulations.
10. The presence of professional photographers and TV crews is not permitted inside the Church of St Catherine or in the Grotto of the Nativity during the entire duration of the celebration of Christmas Midnight Mass in the Church of St. Catherine, Bethlehem. All TV shots and photographic services are provided by authorized contractors.
The Greek Orthodox Patriarchate
Greek Orthodox Patriarchate Road
P.O.B. 19632, Jerusalem
Tel: +972 (0)2-6274941,
Fax: +972 (0)2-6282048
The Armenian Orthodox Patriarchate
Armenian Orthodox Patriarchate Road
P.O.B. 14001, Jerusalem
Tel: +972 (0)2-6282331,
Fax: +972 (0)2-6264861