The Franciscan Custody of the Holy Land has sponsored the Christian
Information Centre (C.I.C.) since 1973. The Centre is situated opposite the Tower of David, just inside the Jaffa Gate of Jerusalem's Old City. The aim of the C.I.C. is to provide information on Christianity and on the Holy Land - including shrines and holy places, the numerous churches in the region, liturgies, aspects of religious and cultural life, other activities, etc.
Obviously, in a city like Jerusalem an information service is essential, and our aim is to provide a wide range of information for those wishing to learn as much as possible about Christianity in the Holy Land, and about the Holy Land in relation to Christianity.
The work of the Centre has three main strands;
- An information service which gives advice and information by phone or in person to pilgrims and residents, with a competent and welcoming permanent staff.
- Supplying media outlets, as well as writers, scholars and religious communities, with news concerning religious, scientific or cultural events taking place in the area - in addition to distributing general information about Christian life in the Holy Land.
- We also allow groups to use our rooms in the heart of Jerusalem. These groups generally come from the various Churches and the rooms are used for ecumenical meetings, small group gatherings or other religious and cultural events.
The Centre is open by appointment for exhibitions, conferences, prayer meetings (involving Christians of all denominations), press conferences, interviews and
other activities of this kind.
We are very happy to welcome you to Christian Information Centre in Jerusalem!
For quick and easy information on the Holy Places and on Christian communities in the Holy Land, visit the Christian Information Centre near Jaffa Gate in the Old City of Jerusalem.
Find answers to your questions
- opening times,
- how to get to sites by public transportation,
- times of Church Services
- and friendly advice on what to see.
This free service is provided by
the Franciscans of the Custody of the Holy Land
who welcome all visitors to Jerusalem.
Christian Information Centre:
Monday - Friday 9:00 am. - 17:30
Saturday 8:30 am. - 12:30
Franciscan Pilgrims' Office:
Mass reservations for Catholic priests;
Monday - Friday: 9:30 - 13:00
Saturday & Sunday closed