The exhibition dedicated to Antonio Barluzzi (1884-1960), the architect who left the greatest mark with his creative vein on the Holy Land, continues at the Christian Information Center near the Jaffa Gate in the Old City of Jerusalem.
It is thanks to the genius of the architect Barluzzi that most of the Franciscan sanctuaries were rebuilt: the basilica of Mt. Tabor, the Gethsemane, the Church of the Shepherds’ Field, the Flagellation, St. Lazarus in Bethany… to mention only a few.
He was commissioned for twenty-four works – including churches, hospitals and schools, which he built with inexhaustible Energy and deep faith between 1912 and 1955.
Barluzzi is a fundamental figure of the last century for the Holy Land, not just for his many works, but above all because he is an example of art and real genius offered to exalt, with beauty and a sincere love for God, the places dearest to Christianity.
The exhibition, which was inaugurated on 14th December 2010, is open from 8.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m. at the Christian Information Center, Jaffa Gate, in the Old City of Jerusalem.
On the download area, can find the acts of the conference on Barluzzi held on14/12/2010 at St. Saviour.